Sunday, May 26, 2024

Last Night Candlelight Concert with Champagne was A Musical Success


This was my first Candlelight Concert held once a month on Saturday Evening that I attended here at THD. I enjoyed it very much, because we were allowed to request songs and sing along with it. The Guest performer was Rodney Burge ( see flyer above) on the Piano.  It was held at the Fireside Lounge instead of the Yoga Room as advertised.  

Some of the songs we sang along with were Some Enchanting Evening, Bali Hai, Unforgettable and Impossible Dream.  Richard Bottom sang solo some of the songs.  The Favorite of the evning was I could have Danced All Night from the Broadway Musical, My Fair Lady. Here are three photos I took during the Concert.

Sandi Green and Farna Sewell- Steve Kam ( legs and shoes)

Jan McGowan, Mary Alice Rathbun and Galen Corson ( Activity Director)- Back of Pat Dunn and Cossette Mitchell 


Marsha Kefer, Norman Nelson and Galen and Pianist Rodney Burge

I had 2 glasses of Champagne and 2 Dark Chocolate Signature Reserve Sea Salt Truffles. The chocolate was delicious and the Champagne bubbly. I enjoyed both very very much.   

Meanwhile here's my favorite quotes on music.

Music Quotes
  • One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. ... 
  • Music is a moral law. ... 
  • Where words fail, music speaks. ... 
  • I think music in itself is healing. ... 
  • Without music, life would be a mistake. ... 
  • Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.


Richard and Linda Botton were also in attendance. There was a new resident ( first time I saw her) that attended but left after 5 minutes.  Galen announced that our next Saturday concert will feature an opera singer. Looking forward for the next Saturday Candlelight Concert.  Tune-In for additional photos from Galen.  Have a Great Sunday!

 Lastly, here's my article on whether musical/artistic ability is inherited or not.  

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2022/08/is-musical-talent-or-artistic-ability.html    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...