Monday, April 29, 2024

Pittsburg Theatre Company Presents Willy Wonka

Yesterday, April 28, Daughter-in-law, Ruth Carver Katague💚, wife of my oldest son Dodie Katague treated me to lunch at Crepes Oh La La and to the Pittsburg Theatre Company presentation of Willy Wonka. The opening was published at the Contra Costa News listed in the link below.

It was a fun afternoon away from my apartment and a welcome change from my daily routine as a Senior Citizen residing in a Senior Living Community. My oldest son Dodie ( Retired Prosecuting Attorney from Costa County💗) has a minor part as GrandPa George. His part and dialogue was the comic relief of the musical presentation. He played as an old man with early Senile Dementia.  Ruth took me to lunch at Crepes Oh La La Restaurant. 

Thank Ruth for the lunch as well as being an Excellent Driver and the Free Ticket to Willy Wonka. 

The restaurant is rated number 19 out of 270 restaurants in Walnut Creek. It has a 4 star rating and a $ price range. I recommend this restaurant to all THD residents if you like vegetarian crepes. 

Ruth and I took some pictures at our lunch of vegetarian crepes and dessert, during and after the musical presentation as follows:

💚


Daughter-in-law, Ruth Carver Katague with her new spring outfit at Crepes Oh La La. 
  
Me, Dodie ( Grandpa George) and Adam Green ( Willy Wonka). Adam has a beautiful baritone voice suited for musicals. 




For Details visit: 

https://contracosta.news/event/pittsburg-theatre-company-presents-willy-wonka/#google_vignette

Meanwhile Here's the Latest News from THD

She Quit THD after 3 Days- Welcome and Good Bye!  Hope You are Happy in your New Position. It was a pleasure talking to you the other day, during your first day here at THD.

The other day I posted in my blog for today, welcoming our new THD Activity Coordinator Danielle Clark replacing Karen Kopp who is retiring.  In my blog I said welcome and I hope you will have a long career here at THD, but I will not be surprised if you are not staying long. I said this because when I met Danielle the other day, I learned she had zero experience with senior citizen issues.  I have a premonition that she will not be happy here and the duties of Activity Coordinator  can easily overwhelmed her and possibly cause an early burnt out.  I was correct. 

Yesterday morning after breakfast, I saw Karen and asked her about Danielle. Karen said she quit with no detail explanation except that she found another job more suitable to her experience/training. Whoever interview her should have sense this but I guess the Interviewers of THD were fooled by her youth and beautiful personality. THD interviewers believe THD needed young employees to cheer up the morale of its Senior Citizen Residents.  This is an incident that my 6th sense (premonition of the future) is still working for future events. 

💗https://www.amazon.com/stores/Dodie-Katague/author/B003HI3GJO?ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...