Sunday, April 21, 2024

Lunch Excursion to Sam's Chowder House, Half Moon Bay, Yesterday

Yesterday's lunch excursion to Sam's Chowder House in Half-Moon Bay, is one activity that I will always remember during my stay here at THD. It reminded me of my younger years. The weather was perfect, company excellent and the food was delicious as advertised. There were sixteen THD residents who participated in this outing, Thank You Nancy ( our driver) and Karen ( our Chaperon) for your capable services and enthusiasm during the trip.      

I ordered my favorite appetizer- Oyster Rockefeller and my cravings for Fish and Chips satiated. These two dishes  gave me pleasant memories (see detailed explanation below).










The Oyster Rockefeller I ordered was as delicious as my own recipe. It is slightly different, but I will order it again, if I have another chance to visit Sam. Here's a photo of my own Oyster Rockefeller and my recipe.https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2020/07/i-cooked-oyster-rockefeller-yesterday.html


   



My Fish and Chips a year ago, in Fair Oaks, CA via Door Dash. 

Here's a summary of Sam's Ads: ( Scroll Down)
Specialties

Open daily for indoor and outdoor dining and takeout. Fresh daily catch, Sam's famous lobster roll, fish and chips, Maine lobster, farm fresh salads, clam chowder, fried calamari, and other seafood specialties. From the seafood and meats, to the produce and artisanal cheeses, Chef Rossman's mantra is sustainable, fresh, local when possible and always seasonal. Produce in the fields of Half Moon Bay in the morning often finds its way onto the salad plate at Sam's by evening. This passion for fine, fresh ingredients is evident from the house-made dressings, sauces, pastas, and charcuterie, to the house-made desserts. Sam's is committed to the environment and offers sustainably-fished seafood items and hormone-free meats. Even the cooking oil used for the restaurant's famous fish and chips is cholesterol and trans-fat free, making it perfect for recycling. The buildings rooftop is covered with solar panels and the restaurant uses 100% biodegradable and compostable boxes made from sugarcane for to-go packaging.

 Here's my own recipe for Oyster Rockefeller,

https://myfavoritepinoydishes.blogspot.com/search?q=oyster+rockefeller


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...