Monday, March 21, 2022

Celebration of Life: David E Katague III via Photographs, Part 1

Celebrating the Life of David Ernst Katague III via Photographs

Last Thursday ( March 17), David E Katague III passed so suddenly, I am still numbed with grief. I posted in my blog the other day, what exactly happened. I received numerous messages of condolences from relatives and friends.  Again I thank you for your messages and phone calls from the bottom of my heart. In today's posting, I am sharing some photos to celebrate David's life. May He Rest in Peace, Amen.  A memorial service for David E via Zoom is scheduled for March 24, at 11AM. Details is posted on my FB page today on bottom of this page.   

David( 2nd from Right) and I with Siblings, Dodie, Dinah and Ditas during Ian's Wedding, 2021

During Our White House Tour when David E was still working for Office of Management and Budget during the Clinton-Gore Administration


David and his beloved Helicopter, 2004-2005

David and Miko ( our pet dog) Chateau Du Mer Beach, Amoingon, Boac, 2002




"From My Previous Postings: When we are in Marinduque, our second son David E. takes care of the yard, swimming pool and also the house here in Northern California. David is single and currently works for the Federal Government (TSA) in Sacramento. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics from UC Davis and a Masters of Science degree in Public Management and Policy with concentration on Information Systems from Carnegie Mellon University. He used to work for the Office of Management and Budget(OMB) in Washington DC during the Clinton and Gore Administration.

During the time of his employment with OMB we received annual Christmas cards from the White House as well as special invitations to special events such as the Easter Egg Hunting in the lawn of the White House and Parties for OMB employees. David E is learning how to speak Tagalog. During our 50th wedding anniversary party in 2007, he addressed the guests in Tagalog and made a good impression. His Tagalog is improving but still has the American accent. Macrine(RIP) and I are proud of his desire to learn the language of his ancestry. Without David's help, we will never be able to enjoy staying in our island paradise in the Philippines for as long as we desire". 


From My Blogs: Several years ago, Macrine(RIP), David III and I spent one week of vacation (time share-exchange) in the beautiful island of Maui, Hawaii. We have scheduled one day of our week vacation for the popular, scenic and breathtaking drive- the Road to Hana. However, when I learned that the are numerous narrow and winding roads and bridges along the Hana Highway and because I am prone to motion sickness (in the car), we decided not to do it.  

David during Tiny Gregorio, MD(my niece) visit in Marinduque, 1998 

David (first from the Right-Front Row) during the Rene and Genny Nieva Family Reunion in their Condo in Eastwood, Makati in the Philippines, 2007

David Being Crowned during the Putong Ceremony in Boac, 2002

David showing one of the 4 Lechons Prepared during our 50th Wedding Anniversary, Boac, Marinduque, 2007 ( Back Balcony of the Main House)

David with Me and First Cousin Alix during my 85th Birthday Party, Fair Oaks, Ca

David with His Mom( RIP) and I with Frank Irlandez Resort in Mogpog, MRQ

David and I with First Cousin Elaine King during my 82nd Birthday Party, Fair Oaks, CA


David and I with First Cousin Dave E from Sydney,Australia visit here in California

David( with yellow cap) participated in the medical mission data collection in 2001(Marinduque). Lito Quiazon is standing with blue cap managing high school students and David helping (using the computer) with the data assessments.

David enjoying the post medical mission Valentine party at the Bellarocca Resort, Marinduque in 2011
 

If you have any pictures of David please send it to me via FB so I could post it in this photo memories of him.

Meanwhile, enjoy these photos from my garden this week



Here's David helping her Mom do her swimming therapy at our pool.

https://www.facebook.com/david.b.katague/videos/10210731955991389/ 

Final Note: Of my 4 children, David was the only one who had a very closed connection Marinduque. He was the only one who participated with MI, inc medical mission to the province. He was my only child who learned Tagalog and was interested in retiring to Chateau Du Mer in Marinduque. I love you and I really missed you today. May you rest in Peace and see your Mom in Heaven!

Dinah Katague is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Celebration of Life for David Katague III
Time: Mar 24, 2022 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87396691360?pwd=dGhEOUNsQ05vNE5nUVorbXhyejlXUT09

Meeting ID: 873 9669 1360
Passcode: 272724
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,87396691360#,,,,*272724# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,87396691360#,,,,*272724# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 873 9669 1360
Passcode: 272724
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbnR8fZ5qQ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...