Tuesday, April 13, 2021

My Cacti and Succulents in the Philippines and in the US

Would you pay $15,000 for a rare succulent if you can afford it ? For Details watch the video at the end if this article! Curious?

My Purple Succulent here in Northern California growing Outside
Starting my succulent and cacti mini garden Outside this Year

My Established Succulent and Cacti Plants in the Picture Window of Our Living Room- April 12, 2021
 

The following are three of my cacti (two in bloom) here in Northern California


In the Gardens of Chateau Du Mer in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines I have collections of orchids, hibiscus and euphorbias besides cacti and succulents.

https://marinduqueawaitsyou.blogspot.com/search?q=hibiscus 

I have more than a dozen varieties, half of them I grew in pots and the rest outside. I planted them in pots, so during the rainy season, I could move them away from the torrential rains of Marinduque. 

 

I have one favorite(above photo) that belongs to the Agave specie. It looks like a big rose. It is a slow grower. I think it is called the century plant. It will not bloom after 50 years or more. I planted it 10 years ago( only about 2 inches). Now it is only about 15 inches high and 10 inches wide. So far, it has only one shoot( I call it the cactus baby), that I transplanted into a pot and watch it grow very slowly. I try not to over water it. For as they say, cactus and succulents thrives well with neglect. 

 

I have these 5 varieties of Aloe Vera, also. They grow like weeds in the tropical climate of the island.

Here are videos about cacti and succulents for your information!

 




 https://www.google.com/search?q=most+expensive+succulents&client=ubuntu&hs=XhQ&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjPjIXa4vvvAhXHGDQIHVSjC_4Q_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1373&bih=730

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...