Monday, October 3, 2022

My Donation to the UPV Library Fund to Honor the Memory of David E Katague III

 

The University of the Philippines Visayas, Iloilo City Branch. I attended this school from 1951-1953.  This was also the school where I enjoyed 2 years of the Fernando Lopez Scholarships.( https://theintellectualmigrants.blogspot.com/2016/01/photo-memories-of-my-college-years-in.html )

Today I sent a check ($10K) to the University of the Philippines Medical Association Society of America (UPMASA). This donation is part of the 25K budget for the construction of the Archives Room of the Library at the University of the Philippines Visayas( UPV) in Miagao, Iloilo. Today (see attached), I have received a letter of confirmation and acknowledgement for a plaque honoring the memory of David E, my youngest son who passed and joined his Creator last March this year at a young age of 59. Here are some E-mails of how this donation finally become a reality.   

Hi David,

I am happy to know all is well with you. So far donations are coming in. I think the last time I heard from Dr. Cabellon, $7,000 was raised so far. It looks like the $25,000 will be achieved soon. Dr. Cabellon is a hard worker UPMASAn. He was the Chair of the recent Medical Science building auditorium fund raising project. Funds of P364,000 plus was raised and donations are still coming in. So for sure
the UP Visayas Archives library room project will be come to fruition. Your donation will make the fund raising near completion.

I will share your message with Ms Linaugo so she can send you a confirmation letter regarding the plaque of acknowledgement in memory of your son David and the Katague family.

Best wishes, Nerita

P.S.- So glad your daughter is in a good place and my congratulations. Someday we will invite her to our local UPMASA chapter gathering.  

My Response: To: E-MAIL ALERT <nulep@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, Sep 30, 2022 12:55 pm
Subject: Re: Proposed Donation

Nerita: The check ($10K) is ready, but before I send it, I want to be sure that the proposed library project will proceed. Are there any other contributions or funds available to proceed with the proposed $25K budget?  I also need a confirmation letter from UPV library officials regarding my request for a plaque of acknowledgement in memory of my son David E Katague. 

My daughter has settled in Alexandria, VA enjoying her new job as Associate Director for Communications, Bureau of Census, Department of Commerce. Thank you for your inquiry. Talk to you soon. David      
 
Today's Letter and My Response:
 
Dear Mam Nerita and Dr. Katague,

Good day.

Thank you for all this update and facilitating our approved project.

As we previously discussed, we will assure you of the plaque of acknowledgement and the name carve on brass plates for all the donors, including your son.

We already received the draft of the MOA. We will facilitate this first and all other needed documents so that we can prepare to start the project.

Thank you again for all your support and assistance to our project. Once finished, everyone will be highly appreciated and recognized.

Thank you and God bless you all.

Best regards,


--
ANALIZA S. GALANG-LINAUGO
University Librarian
University of the Philippines Visayas
Miagao, Iloilo, Philippines

 
My Response: Ms. Linaugo/Nerita; Today, I am sending the $10K check to DR Batiller, UPMASA as I promised. Let me know when the MOU is finalized, the start of the project and proposed time of completion. I will post this donation in my blogs. David B Katague, Ph.D. Retired, Chemistry Team Leader, USFDA. 
 
Lastly, I am thanking UPMASA for facilitating this donation specially to Nerita Estampador Ulep for her personal involvement of this donation. Also to Dr Josefino Ceballos for his guidance and advice regarding this donation.   

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of the Moon Over Western Marinduque-Venue of Our Second Home in the Philippines, Chateau Du Mer. Photo Credit: Dave Caruana

The Chateau Du Mer Beach House and Entrance to the Main House


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...