Thursday, September 1, 2022

Celebrating the Start of the "BER" Months with a Special Dumpling Lunch

Today, September 1, is the beginning of the "BER" months. The weather forecast for this week here in Northern California is a whole week of 3-Digit temperatures. In other words it is a Heat Wave-first in the history of California as the longest heat wave ever recorded. It is not good news specially for those whose jobs requires them to be outside. However, I am turning this negative news, by being positive and enjoy a special lunch of Pork, Scallop and Shrimp Dumplings with my Chili Sauce ( see photo above). 

I purchased the dumpling on line from 99 Ranch Market-a store that specialized on Asian Foods. With it I purchased my first Vietnamese Pia Cake of Mung bean and durian.

The Pia Cake is similar to the Pinoy Hopia- the durian make it taste great. I will have this for dessert along with my mango sorbet. I purchased other items from 99 Ranch Market including a Live Main Lobster. I had the Lobster dinner last night. Here are some photos:

Besides the Lobster and Pia Cake, I purchased Longanisa(Pinoy sweet sausage)
mango and tempura mix for my okra.
My Lobster Dinner with Sauteed Okra paired with Navarro Chardonnay

Here'a a photo of my cut okra ( 6th harvest)- ready to be sauteed in Bagoong ( Barrio Fiesta brand.
 
Finally, if you live in California, keep cool, stay inside and Hydrate. If you live in the Philippines, May I wish you an advanced Merry Christmas. September 1 is the start of the Christmas season in the Philippines. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...