Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Pleasant Memories of Our Voice Recital with Minda Azarcon

 Pleasant Memories of Our Voice Recital-with Minda Azarcon

When we were residing in Pinole, California in the late 1980's, Macrine(RIP) and I took voice lessons under Minda Azarcon- A popular voice and piano teacher in our area. At the end of 12 weeks of lessons,  she gave a program recital presenting all her 12 students from the most advance singers to the beginners. I was the least experience singer so I was the first in the program.  Macrine was more advance and she was second to the last in the program. 

We were required to sing two songs -one in tagalog and the other in English or another language. For my tagalog song I chose BUHAT and O' Sole Mio was my other song. I was surprise I had no stage fright during the recital. My teacher said after the concert, that I did not sound like Pavarotti but my posture and stage presence was perfect.

 

Minda Azarcon-our former Voice Teacher(https://www.linkedin.com/in/minda-azarcon-b9229354)

The Beautiful soprano voice of Minda Azarcon-UP Graduate in Piano and Voice

Macrine sang Ala-Ala Kita and None But a Lonely Heart. We sang Nasaan ka Man Naroon and We could make Believe as our Duet.


  Here's Pavarotti singing O' Sole Mio

 

A Choral Arrangement and presentation by the Mabuhay Singers

 

An Instrumental Arrangement- Three Violins and the Cello 

A vocal rendition by Martin Nievera with Lyrics

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&hs=X7y&channel=fs&q=buhat+song+and+lyrics&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwio2d-upYXsAhXNl54KHUUTCTMQ1QIoAHoECAsQAQ&biw=1373&bih=717 

Meanwhile, enjoy this photo of the Christmas present I gave to Carenna this year


and Lost in Motion Ballet-Ballet is one other art form that both Macrine and I enjoyed in our younger years
d

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...