Saturday, January 20, 2018

Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E Minor-Hilary Hahn

Time for some violin music


I first heard of this violin piece in 1952 when I was in first year college at the University of the Philippines, Iloilo College. One of my dorm mates was a violinist. He informed me he had been playing the violin since he was 10 years old. He hailed from Bacolod City. On Saturdays, he would play his violin with his door closed not disturbing his fellow dorm mates. But the sound of his violin reverberated on the thin walls separating our room. One day I heard the Mendelssohn concerto and I was forced to knock on his door asking him if I could stay in his room to listen while he was playing the piece. This was the first time I really enjoyed listening to a classical violin music. Here's more information on Felix Mendelssohn.

http://www.library.yale.edu/musiclib/exhibits/mendelssohn/mendelssohn.htm

Here's Hilary Hahn with her violin! Enjoy!
Hilary Hahn is an American violinist and was born on November 27, 1979. In her active international career she has performed throughout the world both as a soloist with leading orchestras and conductors and as a recitalist. She also has built a reputation for championing contemporary music. Several composers have written works especially for her, including concerti by Edgar Meyer and Jennifer Higdon and partitas by Antón García Abril.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...