A well-planned, balanced and truly authentic Filipino Dinner was enjoyed by all the Residents here at the THD. My 12 special guests were given the privileged if they desire to order Deboned/Marinated Milk Fish ( Bangus) instead of COD as listed in the Menu. Here's my personal review of the dish I tasted:
The Soup: Beef Nilaga: Super savory with good mixed of vegetable including sweet corn. The beef was tender and just melt in my mouth.
The Bangus: Perfect with Garlic Rice and Salsa
The Adobo: I did not order it. Anyone who order it, can you tell me if you like it or not.
The Japanese Eggplant- Perfect, Umami Taste, Cravings For More
Dessert: Half Biko, Half Leche Flan. - Perfect, the Flan was not super sweet and the texture perfect. The suman Biko with a dash of cinnamon was great.
Here are some Photos I took at last Night Dinner:
My Gift- From Carol and John- Carol's Decoupage Creation. Note with the Philippine Flag













Thanks, David, for the photos! Carol and I had a wonderful time with you last night! And, yes, the milkfish was a treat--one I had never tasted before and indeed the leche flan indeed was perfect! John Larimore
ReplyDeleteDavid,…..to be sure!!!….you & Joel made ‘beautiful music’ together! Thank you for the unique (for most of us) dinner, representative of the Philippine cuisine!…..as well as ‘a seat at the table!’ Jane W
ReplyDelete