Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Mortgage Payment Problem Solved by Talking to a Supervisor


Last May, after 11 years with Citi-Mortgage as my mortgage lender, I received a letter that my new lender and servicing agent to my home mortgage is now Greentree (GTS). I was told I will receive a letter from GTS. In the meantime, since I am paying my mortgage via automatic deduction from my Bank Of America (BA) account, I had to remove Citi-mortgage and changed it to Greentree Servicing by the end of the month.

Three weeks ago, I received a call from my new mortgage lender, Greentree Servicing that I was 10 days overdue on my payment and charging me interest. I was shocked and surprised because my payment are all set for automatic payment via Bill Pay in my Bank of America account (BA). Moreover, the day before, I checked on line my B of A statement and two payments were deducted from my account on May 30 and June 2, 2014 actually a double pay(a 13th month payment)and addressed to GTS.

I immediately call the 800 number of Greentree. After 3 minutes of recorded messages, I was able to talk to a live person. I explained my problem and a representative of GTS suggested I talk to BA, so they can send the documentation that they have sent the two auto payments to GTS on my account.

I went to our local B of A branch. After waiting for 30 minutes, I was informed they can not help me but give me the 800 number of the B of A on-line services. I called the 800 number and after two wrong extensions, I was finally able to talk to a live person in the name of Jonathan. Jonathan was very helpful. He said he will faxed the required documents of my two payments to GTS and in 5 to 8 working days, I should checked GTS.

In the meantime, I have received two auto calls and a letter from GTS that I am overdue and should settle my account. After 8 days, I called GTS and they said they have not received the fax from BA. I got the fax number of GTS.

I was upset so I called BA ( Bill Pay) again and I talked to a representative named Ita. She was helpful and while I was waiting in the phone she fax the document that I have paid and I did not hang up the phone, until she received confirmation that the fax went through. She said to wait for another 5 to 8 working days and call GTS. I learned from Ita that my payment was credited to a wrong account number instead of my new account number. I requested for the account number where my payments were sent.

After 8 working days ( this was already mid June), I called GTS. My account is still overdue and interest added. GTS had not received the two faxes. I got so upset and angry I demanded to talk to a Supervisor.

I talked to Jessica Smith. She understood the problem and asked me If I know the account number where my payment was sent. Luckily I had this information from BA. She said since this account is an active account, she will write a memo requesting that the two payments of May 30 and June 6 be credited to my account without waiting for another fax #3 from B of A and the overdue interest removed from my account. She said wait for 4 working days and checked GTS.

Yesterday was the 4 working days after I talked to Jessica. I called GTS 800 number and low and behold my account is now in order and I am one month ahead of my payments.( my May 30 and June 6 double pay accounted for). The computer says, My next payment is due August 6. Since I have another payment set automatic for July 1, I am one month ahead and hopefully will never hear again from GTS that my account is again overdue.

I called Jessica's direct number, but she is out of the Office. So I left a message thanking her. Lessons learned from this experience. Talk to a Supervisor. The person answering the 800 number has no authority to solve minor problems. They may be able to direct you to talk to the right department, but otherwise they are useless. The information they can give you is the same one that is in the company's computer. Only a supervisor can do some action as what Jessica did in my case. Again thank you Jessica for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...