Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Love and Hate for Marinduque, 2013

Macrine, Miko and the Sunset

This year my wife and I spent only three months for our winter sojourn in Marinduque, Philippines instead of our normal 4 to 5 months of winter escapade for personal reasons.

The following are ten items I like about Marinduque followed by my dislike of life in this island, known as the Heart of the Philippines and Land of the Morions. But in spite of my dislikes, I still consider Marinduque, my winter haven.

1. I love the Moriones Festival and the tourists it attract, but I hate the crowds, traffic congestion and pollution it brings during the Easter Holy Week Season

2. I love downtown Boac, because of its quaint restaurants and convenient computer cafe's, but I hate the lack of parking spaces and inadequate potable water supply.

3. I love the Marinduque cuisine, availability to pre-order cakes and special dishes, but I hate the wait and delivery time in spite of an advance notice for pick-up.

4. I love the chirping of the birds almost all day and the sound of the waves, but I hate the barking of the dogs and crowing of the cocks during the early morning hours.

5. I love the magnificent sunsets and glimmering moon lights, but I hate the scattered plastic wastes by the seashore.

6. I love our honest government officials, but I hate politicians who are liars and goon happy.

7. I love the sound of the BALUT vendors but I hate the loud voices of the FISH vendors ( I--s---d--a)

8. I love my beautiful gardens and prolific fruit trees, but I hate the weeding, mowing and watering chores

9. I love the Flea and Open Markets, but I hate the public market in downtown Boac

10. Last but not least, I love the peace,and solitude of Chateau Du Mer, the mild and cool weather from December to February, but I hate the hot and humid weather during the months of March, April and May.

If you have visited Marinduque, I will appreciate if you share with my readers what you like and dislike about this beautiful island in the Philippines. Happy spring time to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...