Thursday, October 4, 2012

Romney Beats Obama in First Debate



At the first presidential debate last night, Mitt Romney in my opinion beat Barack Obama. It was not a convincing defeat, however. Facts wise it appears in my opinion to be a tie. However, when it comes to presentation and awareness, Romney was at his best. Romney was aggressive and the President appeared defensive. An independent survey just after the debate based from reactions of 500 undecided voters gave Romney a 2 to 1 margin. This is just a small sample and statistically insignificant, but if Romney continues to be himself and performs well as last night in the next two debates, he will win the election. Romney did indeed change the voters perception that he cares from 30% to 63%. On the other hand, the positive change regarding the President's caring for the middle class changed only from 60% to 69%. The next debate will be the Vice Presidential debate this coming October 11 to be followed by two more debates between Romney and Obama(Oct 16 and 22). I am looking forward for these coming three debates.

I am a registered Democrat but if Romney continues to do well in the next two debates, I might vote Republican this year. However, since I am a resident of California, my vote for Romney will not count since Obama is pretty sure to win the electoral votes of California. Romney will only win the election if he wins in the seven borderline States if the election are held today. The fate of the US presidency will depends on the voters from Florida, Iowa, Virginia and Ohio and other borderline States.

Before the debate, newscasters had been saying that Obama has already 271 electoral votes if the election was conducted yesterday. THIS IS ONE ELECTORAL VOTE more THAT IS NEEDED TO BE PRESIDENT OF US. ONLY 270 ELECTORAL VOTES IS REQUIRED TO BE ELECTED PRESIDENT OF US in case you are not aware of the US Constitution.

In the Philippines, there are no electoral votes. The president wins by popular votes. I wish the US has the popular votes system, so if I vote for Romney even if I reside in California, my vote will be personally counted.

Did you watch the debate last night? If so, who won in your opinion and why. I will be delighted to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...