Friday, January 6, 2012
Tips on Minimizing Casino Gambling Losses
I am talking primarily about slot machines. The slots otherwise known as the one-armed bandit is a favorite of majority of casino gamblers. Its the number one earner of most casinos. I have been posting in my blogs that My wife and I patronized the Indian Casinos every week here in Northern California. We also have a budget which is part of our entertainment budget. We used to attend movies, plays, musical theatre and eat out as our entertainment activity before our retirement. We no longer do that. Instead, we go the Casinos in the middle of the week to avoid the crowds. We also enjoyed the buffet at a very reasonable price. For the last four weeks, I have not lost any money from the slots. In other words, I play on Casino money for about 5 hours with a 45 minute late lunch break. On the other hand, my wife lost about 50% of her allocated budget. Here are some of my tips on minimizing losses on the slot machines.
1. Identify a slot machine that has better odds of winning.
2. Before playing look at the stats on the machine( only for new slots)
3. Play the minimum that will qualify you for the bonus feature.
4. Watch out for a machine that has been played and did not give the bonus play to the former player.
5. Once you hit the bonus, quit and go to another machine
6. Do not be greedy and expect to win a lot of money
7. If you are not an addict, take a couple of snack breaks
8. Last but not least, enjoy the day and stick to your budget.
Note: These tips will not worked if you are already a mild addict. You know you have a compulsion to play, because you continue playing for 4 hours without a break, never gets hungry and will not quit even if the slots has already given you a bonus play. You are also addicted if you play at higher bets. Higher bets ( from 1 to 3 dollars) per click may give you bigger winnings, but in the long run you end up as a loser and eventually a slot machine addict.